They say April Showers Bring May Flowers, but when driving in a downpour not everyone is thinking about flowers. For some, white knuckle driving in adverse conditions can cause a lot of stress. Here are our 5 tips for driving in the rain:
- Stay focused. You may be an excellent driver, but being aware of your surroundings and other drivers can make a world of difference.
- Turn ON your Headlights. Typical rule of thumb, if your wipers are on your headlights shoudl be also. Having good working wipers and good tread in your tires are a must for driving in the rain.
- Turn OFF Cruise Control. In the rain or snow, cruise control can acutally make you loose control. If you hydroplane while in cruise control you car will actually try to speed up.
- Beware of Hydroplaning. If you start to hydroplane, let off the accelerator slowly and steer straight until you regain control.
- Slow Down. Follow the speed limit and allow more time to get to your destination
Nagy’s Collision Centers has body shop locations in Ashland, Doylestown, Green, Hartville, Orrville, Millersburg, Wadsworth & Wooster. Nagy’s offers services unlike others in the area such as Carwise, an online viewing of your repairs being completed and e-Estimates so you can get an Estimate without leaving your home or office. Nagy’s Collision Centers mission is to repair vehicles back to pre-loss condition efficiently, effectively and with the highest quality, while maintaining a strong moral integrity.